Friday, March 6, 2009

What's on tap? (Part 2)


Coming up this weekend and next week:


Rejection letters from Johns Hopkins, expected by early next week, if not tomorrow. Rejection letters from Syracuse, too. Supposedly, the rumor on The Suburban Ecstasies is that the faculty at Notre Dame are finalizing their acceptances this week, and will start to notify next week. I know, I said the same thing last week, sorry! That's the problem with rumors. The big question, though: where the heck is my Purdue rejection letter?

Link of the week:

Wordle -- A glorified word counting utility, really, but it's actually pretty cool. Enter your story (or poem) into the application, press "Go," and watch your words populate into a word cloud. The most frequent words will appear in larger font, all the way down to the less (proportionally) frequent words. This site's also pretty interesting in determining what words you may rely on too much. I placed one of my application stories in it and got "like" as the most frequent word. Apparently I rely a lot on similes. That, or my main character talks like a valley girl.

No comments: