Thursday, May 21, 2009

Goodreads

My previous post got me thinking: all my "What I'm Reading" list really is, is but a stripped down version of what Goodreads offers. What's Goodreads? I'm glad you asked. It's yet another social networking site, but with a literary twist. It focuses on books and the people who read books. Users maintain and update lists of books they've read, want to read ("to-read"), are currently reading, and any other kind of custom list. They can also rate books, write reviews, and comment on other people's book selections, reviews, comments, etc. Personally, I find it's an indispensable resource for keeping track of what I've read, when I've read it, and what I plan to read sometime down the line. On top of that, it's also a great way to generate book discussions with friends (the few that I have who read!).

Want to be my friend on Goodreads? Click here. Happy reading!

2 comments:

wahida said...

yikes! read this post at 2 pm today, and just spent the last 4 hours creating an account and adding books---i have such a problem : )

but thanks for suggesting it! i really love it. i used to use shelfari, but it was just so glitchy and frustrating, so i deleted my account there a while back.

Eric said...

Love the book choices! Your list is prodigious; I've realized a while ago that I have to get cracking on my too long reading list, I'm not nearly as well read as I'd like for grad school.