Sunday, April 5, 2009

Winding Down

This next week and a half will be a mad dash for those who are anxiously sitting on their waitlist spots, as people eventually make their decisions before April 15. Good luck! I'll be out of town during the upcoming week, and won't be making any posts in the meantime. However, when I get back, I do intend to do a full retrospective: what did I do wrong, what did I do right, and most importantly, what did I learn? I'm sure I'll have a lot to share; I also intend to post my statement of purpose, verbatim, as well as some other things. So we're not quite done yet (at least, not if you're an MFA nerd, like me).

3 comments:

wahida said...

Hey, thanks for your note on my blog. It's nice to know you check in on it, because I totally lurk yours now and then, too. (Why no "followers" box?) And again, huge congrats on U Illinois!

I was thinking of posting my SOP on my blog, too, but I'm kind of chicken...maybe. I'll look forward to reading yours.

Eric said...

Hey found, thanks! I'm kind of ambivalent about the followers box, I prefer to use the old fashioned "bookmarks" method ;)

And you should totally put your SOP on your blog. I know it'd be helpful to those applying for next year, and there's something deliciously fun about reading other folks' SOPs!

wahida said...

Ahh, I see. To each their own : )

SOP---I'm only worried about the anonymity thing. But I do want to help future applicants, so maybe I'll just edit a bit.