Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Starting Over

So I've been missing in action for a little over a month now, and thought it would be nice to give the blog an update or two. Where have I been? Applying to schools, like everyone else. Suffice to say, I vastly underestimated the amount of time and energy it'd take me to even begin the application process. I've researched and prepared for this busy month for over a year to make sure I had all my ducks in a row come application season, and yet it wasn't enough. It's definitely one of those situations where you don't realize the enormity of the task in front of you until you actually do it.

At any rate, things are getting better. Slightly. I now have a little breathing room, and as of today, five of my 14 applications are in the mail, with another four set to be finished by this weekend. Being absent for a month was not what I had in mind, and by now, I'm sure much of my experiences/advice is moot for the people who've already finished applications. But that doesn't mean we can't talk about it, or even better, agonize over what we could've done/should've done, while waiting anxiously for the next two and a half months, driving our loved ones up the walls. At least, that's what I have planned for the holidays. Cheers!

No comments: